A lovely 5.1 mixing suite filled with delightful outboard gear, a big fat computer loaded for battle, a sweet tracking room with a vintage 1919 Baldwin upright and other great overdub fodder. Mix that soundtrack or that recording in a well tuned, well appointed suite!
The space is powered by a beefed up Mac Pro tower loaded with RAM, SSDs, and plugins for days. Sound and monitoring via Apogee Rosetta with a Big Ben clock, and a Dangerous Monitor ST-SR with 5 Adam A7s and JBL LSR 6312SP Subwoofer.
Digital is groovy, but we still need our analog stuff too. Both have advantages. This room's permanently allocated gear includes:
- Focusrite FF-ISA 428
- Bug Audio API Clone
- Portico 5032
- Portico 5042 (Tape Saturation)
- Demeter Optical Compressor
- DBX 160S, Urei 1176
- (2) Slate Dragons
- UAD Plugin Card with Full License
- Waves Mercury
- Native Instruments Komplete 10
- Izotope RX4 and Ozone 6
Each recording studio has a set inventory, but remember, we have tons of gear in our rental department. But there is a lot that you can do with the gear allocated to the room. Here are some special pieces that reside in this studio:
- Whisper Room - The whisper room is a double walled, 3.5ft by 4ft isolation booth that will ensure total isolation within the studio allowing multiple instruments to be tracked together in our overdub room as well as a great vocal booth silent enough for ADR!
- 1919 Baldwin Upright Piano - been in Bedrock owner Cosmo Jones' family since it was new, it has a very cool sound!
- Fender Tonemaster - This is from the custom shop and is one of 3 made for Joe Perry of Aerosmith by the Fender custom group in Arizona. Ironically, it's plugged into a cabinet made by Gabriel Currie of Echopark Guitars who happens to build guitars for Joe! For a big amp sound, this is the ticket.
- Hiwatt Studio/Stage MkII Combo - A beautiful new hand wired Class A combo which can switch between 20 and 40W. We like 20W. Great tone, warm spring reverb, yummy.
- Marshall Bluesbreaker - Another Class A combo, this one runs at about 18W and has that vintage Marshall tone in a small footprint.
- Dave Smith Prophet '08 - An awesome modern Prophet interpretation from a reliable and respected purveyor.
- Elektron Sid Station - One of the first batch they ever did. There are only 500 in existence to begin with so this one is extra special.